Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Online Article about the Internet: #4

1.What article did you choose to read for your fourth article?
The ariticle that I chose to read for my fourth article is titled " Fighting Internet Filth" by Mario Hipol.

2.What were the most important things you learned from the readings? Th most important things I learned in this article was to put the computer in a high traffic area and check the history often to see what sights have been entered. By setting a specific day, maybe once a week, where you check and delete history, you can keep track of your families viewing material and also will recognize if deleted history occurs before you have done it yourself. This would be cause for possible concern.Putting the computer in a high traffic area makes it easier for family members to not be tempted to look at inappropriate material online. The screen should be visable for anyone walking by to see.

3.How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth? This article helps me as a future parent to recognize the many things I can do to prevent inappropriate material to enter my home via the internet. It helps me to know of the importance of monitoring my children's viewing to keep them safe from the many terrible things that can be viewed, even by accident.

4.How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?I think by implimenting these precautions in my future home, my family will be more aware and better protected from potential internet danger. I realize that I will have to continue to keep up on new technology considering how quickly our youth learn to use technology. We should never think that they don't understand or know how to use technology. They will find a way to learn from friends, at school, etc, and could end up viewing bad material if we don't teach them how to protect themselves and take precautions against it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Christine for using my article in your assignment, I am always glad to see people's response to it.

    ReplyDelete